A popular Japanese restaurant in downtown Hartwell caught fire early Friday, rendering the location and the business next door it as total losses.
The Hartwell Fire Department was dispatched to the restaurant at 113 Depot St. shortly after 12:30 a.m. Friday morning. Firefighters battled the blaze and worked to contain it from spreading into Head Games Hair Salon. Smoke and water damage from the firefight also rendered the salon a total loss, the business owner said Friday morning.
MCG Technology Solutions also suffered some smoke damage, but an employee there was hopeful the business would be able to reopen again soon.
Read more of this story in the Aug. 15 edition of The Hartwell Sun.