The Hart County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Darryl Brian Stowe, 55, 644 Bermuda Street, Royston, was arrested and charged with first-degree cruelty to children and battery (family violence). He was released on $12,500 bond.
• Kayla Nicole Couch, 30, 1765 Liberty Hill Road, was arrested and charged with crossing guard lines with drugs, possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, battery, neglect to a disabled adult, elderly person or resident of a long term care facility and possession of drug related objects.
• Heather Kay McCurley, 32, 153 Jim Crittendon Road, was arrested and charged with DUI alcohol, failure to drive within a single lane, unsafe operation of radio or telephone and open container (GSP). She was released on $4,450 bond
• Jeremy Sanchez Rayton, 30, 132 Jones Circle, Royston, was arrested and charged with five counts of third-degree cruelty to children, battery (family violence), driving while license suspended and habitual violator.
Victor Manuel Velazquez, 32, 7 Stillwater Road, Lavonia, was arrested and charged with second-degree criminal damage to property. He was released on $5,000 bond.
The Hart County Sheriff’s Office reported the following incidents:
• An inmate at the Hart County Jail threatened an officer while in the performance of his duties.
• A man reported that he was leaving his residence on Sunflower Drive before sunrise to go fishing and he saw a truck parked at the end of his neighbor’s driveway. Due to previous problems with trespassing, the complainant stopped to check out the truck. As he approached, the complainant said a male voice told him to stop there and not come any closer. The complainant said he complied and the man identified himself as a game warden and that he had permission to hunt there. The complainant could not confirm who the game warden was, due to low light, so he asked for identification, but the complainant said the man told him he better leave. Deputies confirmed the vehicle parked at the location did belong to a game warden, but could not make contact.
• A woman reported that her boyfriend was in a physical altercation with her daughter on Bond Kelley Road.
• A man reported he was at a cookout on Green Meadows Drive and another man, who had reportedly been drinking, threw an axe and rocks at the complainant’s vehicle after he declined to lend money.
• Deputies responded to Uly White Road regarding a report of a physical dispute.
• Deputies responded to Grahams Way regarding a report of a dog bite. A woman said she was bit in the thigh and calf area by a pitbull dog while she was running on Milford Road. The dog’s owner was located and issued a citation.
The Hartwell Fire Department reported the following incidents:
Three EMS calls; two medical assists; three unintentional alarm system activations; one odor of smoke;
• Fire personnel responded to Anderson Highway regarding a report of a gasoline or other flammable liquid spill.
• Fire personnel responded to South Webb Street regarding a downed power line.
• Fire personnel responded to South College Avenue regarding a downed power line.
• Fire personnel responded to Rome Street regarding a downed power line.
• Fire personnel responded to North Carolina Street regarding severe weather damage.